Eco-Worx, Inc. provides analytical and technical support to determine the best solutions for energy and environmental sustainability. Eco-Worx, Inc. is a certified SDB (Small Disadvantaged Business),
MRO (Maintenance Repair & Operating), Value-Added Distributor with installation capabilities focusing in environmental friendly solutions.
Certifications and associations
As an emerging small business, Eco-Worx, Inc. has established mentor-protégé agreements with national MRO suppliers and reputable local contractors. Eco-Worx, Inc. has a team of consultants with the following industry certifications:
- Lighting Certified
- LEED AP Certified
- Luxeon Partner Certified
- HERS (Home Energy Rating System) Certified
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
- Minority Business Enterprise
- Small Disadvantaged Business
- State of Texas Historically Underutilized Business Certification
There are several factors in today's environmentally sensitive marketplace that drive the need to address these concerns.
- Energy costs are on the rise
- Government regulations are changing
- Environmental concerns
- LEED initiatives
- From 2005-EPACT
- Tax/rebate incentives.
Energy Policy Act of 2005 EPACT
Sets minimum efficiency regulations for upgrade/retrofit of lighting equipment. Commercial businesses will be required to:
- Have a conservation plan that targets 25% energy efficiency by 2012
- Utilize new commercial construction that exceeds most recent IECC state code by 30%
- Renovate existing buildings to achieve reduction vs. prior energy levels